The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles about Wyoming.
- Fort Laramie
- It took me weeks to figure out where to view the eclipse. I spent hours using Google maps to browse the backgrounds of Wyoming and Nebraska and lining them up with the eclipse map.
- Thermal Activity
- We soon discovered that June is still winter in Yellowstone and that the colors of the geysers, so rich and rusty in summer, are quite muted at this time of year. There was still a lot of snow throughout the park.
- North Yellowstone
- A visit to Yellowstone is always hard won.
- Jackson Lake Lodge
- We drove into Grand Teton National Park along Highway 26, a ribbon of pavement that bisects the Teton National Forest from east to west. This quiet road winds its way through the pass between Mount Leidy and Mount Randolph.
- Crossing Wyoming
- I didn’t think it was going to be a big deal. I thought crossing Wyoming would be a cinch. Just a bit of straight-line driving. What I didn’t count on were the blinding skies, the car-jerking winds and the absolute, sheer, awesome hugeness of the place.