The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles about Wisconsin.
: Use of undefined constant desc - assumed 'desc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/artofexploration.com/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sort-query-posts/sort-query-posts.php(57) : runtime-created function
on line 1
- Museum Days
- When winter starts to drag on and the cold outside begins to make me feel trapped indoors for too long, I like to venture out to museums and botanic gardens.
- A Weekend in Door County
- A fog of anxiety and exhaustion plagues me right now. What I need is a bonafide mini break. My most practical escape route is a northerly one to Door County, Wisconsin. I book several nights at Stone Harbor Resort.
- A Hot Day in May
- It was the kind of weather that wilts flowers. The temperature climbed to ninety degrees and the air grew thick and soupy by mid-morning.
- Greehouse Indulgence
- Today I indulged in more greenhouse escapism. It’s all an elaborate plan to avoid as much of the remaining winter as possible. Unfortunately, I’m running out of local greenhouses to visit and winter still has a firm choke-hold on the Chicago area.
- Mitchell Park Conservatory
- January is getting to me. I made it through most of the month without complaining about the weather, but I can take it no more. I am finally and officially sick of winter. It’s cold, its grey, and I’ve had enough.
- Whitnall Park
- All of a sudden, I decided I had had enough of biking for a while. It was high-time I hoofed-it and there’s no better place for a walk this time of year than a botanic garden. I set a course for Whitnall Park.
- Kettle Moraine State Forest
- This past weekend I went to Kettle Moraine State Forest Southern Unit to hike the John Muir Trail.