The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles about California.
- Del Valle Regional Park
- It’s difficult to not take it personally when you get kicked out of a National Park. Especially when you’re someone who adores National Parks as much as I do. It soon became clear that the debt ceiling crisis was not going to resolve itself any time soon.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Today we visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a public aquarium that has been involved in a variety of marine research projects that I’ve read about over the years.
- Lower Yosemite Fall Trail
- There are so many things to do and so many sights to see in Yosemite, I found it a challenge to know where to start. We flipped through our guide books and studied our maps and decided that the Lower Yosemite Fall Trail seemed like a good opener.
- Exploring Yosemite Valley
- One of my favorite things we did during our short stay in Yosemite was to take a long evening walk through Yosemite Valley. Since few people were left in the park by this time, it was like we had traveled back in time to a less hectic era.
- Yosemite, From the Land
- We spent the first night of our California visit in a rather shabby La Quinta in the East Bay town of Dublin. After a night squandered tossing and turning on an uncomfortable mattress, we were anxious to be on our way.
- Low Altitude Flight
- I’ve not blogged for a while so let me quickly summarize the past several months. In June, I put my house on the market, received an offer after a few weeks, and closed at the end of July.