Tag: historic homes
The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles that were tagged in historic homes.
: Use of undefined constant desc - assumed 'desc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/artofexploration.com/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sort-query-posts/sort-query-posts.php(57) : runtime-created function
on line 1
- Fort Laramie
- It took me weeks to figure out where to view the eclipse. I spent hours using Google maps to browse the backgrounds of Wyoming and Nebraska and lining them up with the eclipse map. I had my eye on three rest areas, two truck stops, and about five quiet but charming looking dirt roads.
- Baldwin Home
- After lunch, we stroll along Front Street past a cacophonus jumble of souvenir shops, t-shirt stands, art galleries, and surf-wear proprietors. My eye catches a few random storefronts—Rip Curl Surf Center, Whalers General Store, Billabong, Wyland Galleries.
- I’ve been wanting to visit Chartwell for several years but the timing has always been a challenge. Last February, for instance, we got all geared-up to make the trip to Kent only to discover at the last minute that the house was closed for the winter.
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- I am quite ashamed to admit that I’ve lived most of my life in Illinois but I have never visited the Lincoln Home. That is, until now. I am on my way to St. Louis and thought it is a perfect time to stop by to see this lovely historic home.
- Tower Grove House
- One of my favorite things to see at the Missouri Botanical Garden wasn’t a flower or a shrub or a tree. It was a house. Tower Grove House.