Tag: forest preserves
The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles that were tagged in forest preserves.
- Raven Glen Forest Preserve
- This past weekend, I was driving south on Route 45 near the Wisconsin border when I noticed a sign for Raven Glen Forest Preserve.
- Lyons Woods
- In Lake County, the socio-economic status of a town is written all over its roads. The wealthy areas are blessed with roads as smooth as silk. The poorer areas are riddled with roads of rubble.
- River Walk
- Most of April has been etched by bone chilling winds and window-pelting rain. But today the sun broke through the clouds and the temperature climbed to seventy degrees, interrupting an otherwise icy, slate grey spring.
- Middlefork Savanna
- There are suddenly hints of fall everywhere. The morning air is dewy and condenses in the early hours of the day, forming tiny droplets on windshields and rear view mirrors.
- Ryerson Woods
- Ryerson Woods is among my favorite places to go for a walk—even in January. And considering how horrible January can be in Chicagoland, that says a lot.