Tag: botanic gardens
The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles that were tagged in botanic gardens.
- Woodcut at the Garden
- The weather today can only be described as wall-to-wall ICK with an occasional outbreak of YUCK and BLECH. The temperature climbed into the forties but it felt more like the twenties.
- Reviving the Dispatches
- It’s been a while. I suppose you could call my lack of blogging an intermission. A dry spell. A quite interlude. Writer’s block. Whatever label you give it, there’s no denying that the words around here have evaporated faster than dew drops in the Mohave.
- A Hot Day in May
- It was the kind of weather that wilts flowers. The temperature climbed to ninety degrees and the air grew thick and soupy by mid-morning.
- Greehouse Indulgence
- Today I indulged in more greenhouse escapism. It’s all an elaborate plan to avoid as much of the remaining winter as possible. Unfortunately, I’m running out of local greenhouses to visit and winter still has a firm choke-hold on the Chicago area.
- Whitnall Park
- All of a sudden, I decided I had had enough of biking for a while. It was high-time I hoofed-it and there’s no better place for a walk this time of year than a botanic garden. I set a course for Whitnall Park.