Archive for January 2013
The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles that were published in January 2013.
- Warwick Castle
- After weeks of working long hours and weekends, we decided to try and take a short break. I took the day off and we hopped in the car and drove to Warwick Castle.
- Snow Day
- It snowed last night and most of today and although the total accumulation didn’t top two inches, it made everything look wonderfully white. It also screwed up traffic across the midlands.
- South Loughton Valley Park
- Things have calmed down considerably since last week but I’m still trying to identify ways to better control my daily routine and in doing so protect the quality of my free time. The solution? Regular walks.
- Milton Keynes Central
- The first week of 2013 has been a hectic one. I had hoped to ease gently back into my routine after the New Year. But that didn’t happen. Instead I found myself tossed immediately under a landslide of work.
- Sunny Loughton
- One of the lovely things about Britain in January is that when the sun comes out, you’d never know it was winter. When the sun’s out, it’s like stepping into the May issue of Countryfile Magazine.
- A Very Long Year
- Some thoughts at the end of a very long year, and the decision to make New Year’s resolutions work for me and not to conform to fabricated social obligation that calls for drastic personal change each January.