Lincoln Home National Historic Site
On my way home from St. Louis, I decided to swing by Springfield, Illinois to visit the Lincoln Home National Historic Site.
The Cook House
is a two-story wood frame Greek Revival home that has clapboard siding, cornerboards, gables, a dormer, a side porch and a hip roof.
The DuBois House
The Lyon House
- Exploring Yosemite Valley
- One of my favorite things we did during our short stay in Yosemite was to take a long evening walk through Yosemite Valley. Since few people were left in the park by this time, it was like we had traveled back in time to a less hectic era.
- Raven Glen Forest Preserve
- This past weekend, I was driving south on Route 45 near the Wisconsin border when I noticed a sign for Raven Glen Forest Preserve.
- Rabbit Mountain
- Rabbit Mountain has become my default hiking location. If I don’t have time to drive up into the mountains, then I go to the foothills to Rabbit Mountain where I can still get a leg-burner of a hike in a short period of time.