Phil and I have visited Stowe many times but I was surprised to realize that I’ve not written about it previously. It’s a stunning place, a vast landscape garden lovingly restored and maintained by the National Trust. And it’s just a twenty-minute drive from our home.
- Exploring Yosemite Valley
- One of my favorite things we did during our short stay in Yosemite was to take a long evening walk through Yosemite Valley. Since few people were left in the park by this time, it was like we had traveled back in time to a less hectic era.
- Low Tides and Seagull Skies
- The tide was going out rather quickly. Inside the St. Ives harbor, little boats that had bobbed only a few moments earlier had been transformed into statues as the water drained from beneath their keels leaving them stranded on wet sand.
- The Art of Moving On
- Change can be at once unsettling and rejuvenating, and moving often brings with it a landslide of changes and emotions. That’s why knowing when it’s time to move on is the key to weathering the ups and downs that a move unleashes.