Archive for 2004
The Art of Exploration archive is where you'll find my past writings and thoughts. You are currently viewing a list of articles that were published in 2004.
: Use of undefined constant desc - assumed 'desc' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/artofexploration.com/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sort-query-posts/sort-query-posts.php(57) : runtime-created function
on line 1
- First Snow
- First last night: it snowed. Thick heavy snow, the kind that muffles sounds and makes you feel cozy and warm inside despite dropping temperatures and frosty crystals floating outside in downward spirals and mad swarms.
- A Walk Around Loughton
- Time has been flying past me and I can’t seem to catch up. The summer was filled with a hankering to drop all responsibilities and just go back to Maui.
- Instead of Pulling the Plug
- Over the past month, there has been little that I want to share here in my blog. I just haven’t been in the mood to post. I seemed to have fallen into another creative void.
- Recently, I’ve been looking in every direction for inspiration. Despite all efforts, I have found none. I cannot sit down to paint without getting distracted. I don’t want to write. I don’t want to create. I can’t focus. It’s really quite annoying.
- Tax Time
- It’s that time of year again when, for several days straight, I rumage through checking account statements, reorganize files, and rack my brain trying to recall where I last saw that receipt for donations made last February.
- An Outdoor Living Room
- Outdoor rooms in Hawaii are magical. I relish the sounds of nature, busy but soft and nurturing. Birds sweep through the room, then out of sight. Breezes come and go at their leisure. Cushions grow warm in the sunlight.
- Our Avocados
- As you can see, we made it to Hawaii. But not until we suffered a few days of total exhaustion in Seattle. We slept so much we barely made it out of the hotel. I suppose that’s what we get after working relentlessly for too many hours.
- Seattle Museum of Flight
- We spent today at the Museum of Flight in Seattle where we’ve seen a bunch of stunning aircraft. The highlight of the day was of course seeing and going aboard Concorde G-BOAG, affectionately known as as Alpha Golf.
- Weary of the Wind Chill
- It’s four degrees outside. You can count them on one hand and have a thumb to spare: one, two, three, four. There is a severe lack of temperature happening outside the thin wall of my office.
- Another week is underway and again I find myself knee-deep in duties and deadlines without having been able to fully enjoy a weekend to myself.